Friday, December 14, 2012

I don't even know how this happened.

I did a last minute audition yesterday. I went in completely unprepared. I didn't have my resume, I didn't have my headshot, t didn't have a monologue or a song prepared, I wasn't dressed appropriately, the list goes on and on.


I explained that I saw the flyer recently and it didn't give any information besides location and date and that I was not prepared at all.

They asked if I could sing (which I replied yes, only because I like to and there was nothing to lose) and they gave me a side to read. (Which is part of the script that I can audition with.)

There was only me and one other guy at the current time, so he went first, so I had time to read over my side. He sang his song, performed his monologue, then left.

Then it was my turn. And like I said, I was unprepared. I didn't know that there was a chance of me singing, so I panicked.  I had taken a musical theatre class last year and I had worked all semester on 'Harry'. So that's what I sang.

I actually went into an audition and sang a song from a youtube musical. I feel as though there's a rule against that somewhere.

But I digress. After I sang, I read the 2 sides they gave me. They asked me a few questions about my experience because I didn't have a resume with me, and so I told them about taking classes and doing theatre in high school, and then I left.  The whole thing took about 20 minutes.

I picked Jenny up, went to meet Caitlin at the theatre, we grabbed McDonald's, and then we got in line to wait for The Hobbit.

Which a surprisingly small number of people lined up for. We waited the 4 hours, Jenny's father joined us, and then the movie started. The Hobbit was good if you don't compare it to the book. There was a lot of stuff that was added in and the movie was three hours long. Let me point out that The Hobbit isn't that long and it's being broken up into 3 movies. Three hours. Three. Caitlin slept on my shoulder for most of it.

Went the movie ended (at 3 am!), I checked my phone to see all the notifications, which there was a rather large amount of being it the middle of a Thursday night. I had gotten an email from an account which I didn't recognize.

It ended up being an email notifying me of my being invited to the callbacks for tomorrow (Saturday). Which is shocking and exciting and nerve-racking and I have absolutely no idea what to expect here.

I think the thing that I'm mostly hung up on is the fact that I got a callback and I sang a song from a youtube musical. I don't think I'm getting over that any time soon.

And now I have to go to bed because it's 15 to midnight and I need to be well rested for the callback tomorrow.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment