Thursday, January 17, 2013

Several hours later, and I'm still angry.

I've just been at Starbucks with a friend for a few hours catching up and gossiping, and this guy came up to us.

He asked us if the couch/chair/cushiony thing across from us was taken, which I replied that it wasn't. He then saw the book in front of me (On the Prowl) and asked me if it was JK Rowling's new book...

<--- On the Prowl

<--- JK Rowling's new book


Obviously he didn't know what he was talking about. So he asked if it was about vampires. Like in Twilight. And it wasn't. And then he asked me my age, to which I replied 19, AND THEN TOLD ME HE THOUGHT I WAS 15. AND THEN HE STARTED HITTING ON ME AND ASKING IF I HAD A BOYFRIEND. I am still so angry. He was almost purposefully obtuse. And kept bringing up vampires. I am not reading about vampires. Or he would ask if the book I was reading had any intellect to it at all. Which no, but every once in a while, I want to read brain-candy. So he asked if I was reading a romance novel. In public. And he was asking why my friend and I were at Starbucks and "shouldn't we be hanging out with our boyfriends" and how "two pretty ladies should have boyfriends". FIVE MINUTES AGO, HE THOUGHT WE WERE 15. And he was hitting on us in a rude way and kept interrupting our conversation, and he wasn't even nice about it.

AND I AM STILL SO ANGRY ABOUT IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment