Friday, February 22, 2013

Homophobic people make me sick.

And  "I am in no way a homophobic but" is usually a good way to point out that you're pretty homophobic!
I made a post for English just kind of ranting about Glee, and I got a response to it. Want to know why he responded? BECAUSE HE DIDN’T THINK TWO GUYS SHOULD BE SEEN MAKING OUT IN A CAR.

What he said:

I must reply to your post above all others.  I freely admit that I don’t watch much television and looking at all of the other postings I could not find one show that I was familiar with.  I was at my girlfriend’s house the other day and her daughter was watching Glee and of course we couldn’t change the channel.  Being forced to watch this show I was somewhat anticipating watching it because I know it is a musical and heard nothing but good things about it.  
The episode was about that they were at a formal dance and there were several story lines surrounding several characters.  Three of the characters were involved in a little love triangle.  One of the boys was writing love poems for another boy who was giving it to this girl but the boy who was doing the secret writing was in love with the girl also.  A classic love tale.  As the show progressed among the other stories there was one that jumped out in particular.  Having gone to the kitchen to get a sandwich I came back to two boys talking about “getting back together”.  Now having been away for a few minutes I wasn’t too entirely sure of what they were talking about but still watching I figured out that they were gay and were in a previous relationship.  Later on in the show they show all the characters going up to hotel rooms to have sex and this included the two gay boys.  I am in no way a homophobic but I do not think that showing two boys in the back of a car literally making out and then later going to a hotel room for sex is not appropriate television.  This is a show that is on early enough for all teenagers to see and it does not have a place on prime time.  Let me reverse the playbook and ask why don’t they show two women making out in the back of a car for teenagers to see.  I have not seen any show do that and if they did there would be such an uproar, at least in my opinion.

And my response:

 ”I am in no way homophobic but…” is usually followed by a homophobic comment. I noticed that you reversed it to also no two women should be making out, but what about a heterosexual relationship? There were 2 other couples who followed through in their plans to use the hotel room, but you didn’t say anything about them. Gender shouldn’t matter in relationship affairs.
The two boys were in a previous loving relationship, and they were together for 2 years, but the long distance caused problems, so they broke up and had time to grow. All the fans, myself included, have been asking the writers foranything to show that Kurt still cared for Blaine, and that’s what we got.
Glee comes on at 9 pm on Thursday nights. Children young enough not to be watching anything with innuendo or anything of the sort should be in bed by then, hopefully getting enough sleep for school the next day.
You have not seen any show having two people of the same gender make out in a car because homosexuality is still being discriminated against. This has been a long fight for fans just to get more affection shown on screen between Kurt and Blaine. A lot of people watch Glee just for Kurt and Blaine’s relationship. Do you know how much show ratings have dropped since they broke up?
Them being the same gender shouldn’t affect anything at all. If you think a teenager shouldn’t see two people making out in a car (have you been to a high school recently?), then say that. But you shouldn’t be trying to make that point if your only argument is that twomen shouldn’t be shown making out for teenagers to watch.

1 comment:

  1. You know how to dish out a good rebuttal and a logical smacking one at that. What a asshat

    ReplyDelete