Monday, October 8, 2012

Bad start to a hopefully better day

Heres some things needed to know about me before I continue:

  • I don't like Mondays
  • I despise mornings
  • My normal alarm clock plays music. So I can wake up happy.
  • I have a heavy dependance on coffee (I would say caffeine, but I don't like soda or most tea)
  • The main reason I love fall so much are pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks
  • I....extremely dislike my English and Woman's History classes
  • And this past weekend I've been sleeping on the couch while my mom's cousin has been visiting
This morning was one of those mornings where I would give any excuse to stay in bed (on the couch) all day. Not only is it a Monday morning, I have English and Woman's History today and I hardly got any sleep at all because my dad decided to watch TV till late, and the kids are really loud when getting ready for school.

It took me 20 minutes to get up this morning and I had a rude awakening of a horrible phone alarm to which I barely restrained myself from chucking it at the wall. I proceeded to get in the shower, which took much longer than normal because I almost fell asleep in there. Something about warm water and me being half asleep, who knows.

As I was getting ready, I was reminded that Colleen (mom's cousin) is leaving today. Which is really depressing because although I only just met her on friday, she quickly became my favorite family member.  So the fact that she's leaving today and I don't know when I'll see her again saddens me.

All ready to go, I leave and go to pick up my morning coffee at Starbucks. When I step in front of the cash register to order, one of the baristas (I never learned her name, but I really need to because she's a sweetheart) tells me they're all out of pumpkin spice. I must have had a depressed and pained look on my face because she quickly apologizes and tells me that she hasn't seen an expression that sad yet today.  The one thing I was looking forward to today is not at all possible for me, since my area is out of pumpkin spice. I ended up ordering a Venti Extra-Hot Dirty Chai Latte, but it does nothing to ease the pain in my heart that a Triple Venti Extra-Hot Pumpkin Spice Latte, would have.

It must be the last omen. The last warning that I have to get back in bed and try to sleep the rest of the day away.

I can not do this, however, because I am a responsible adult who has 2 classes today and needs to find out what the midterms will be on.

I do need to find a job, however I think I will have to wait until a better day to go searching for one.

In the mean time, I will continue to sit outside my English class, wishing the day to get better, and wait for my instructor to arrive.

Edit at 12:30: The day got a split second better when I received my essay back and got an 82% on what is possibly the worst essay I have ever written.

No comments:

Post a Comment