Friday, October 26, 2012

Starbucks is my hero

I woke up this morning completely concert hung over and without any power. Guess who was back! The company that is fixing the power lines (That is what they're called, correct?). Three blocks over. So I woke up this morning at 10:30 (so my parents told me) with no power. And a dead phone.
I had plugged it in last night! The battery was half full and it was charging. This morning it was dead. The power going out messed with the battery and drained it.

Nothing to do but wait, so I just went back to sleep.

I woke up again at 2:30 pm, so I just decided to wait it out. The power was supposed to come back on at 5pm, so I wouldn't be waiting too long.

At 4, I decided to just suck it up and shower by candlelight. Which is awesome in theory, when there is still the possibility of lights.  I made a deal with myself that if the power didn't cut back on by 5, I would go to Starbucks, get caffeine, and charge my phone.

The power was not on by 5.

I gathered up my chargers, phone, laptop, enough cash to last me for a couple of hours at Starbucks, and got in the car. Which is when I realized that the oil light had lit up the night before. After 45 minutes of the car being a pain, my dad and I filled up the oil tank.

I finally left for Starbucks, and the first thing I did when getting here was plug in my phone and make sure it was actually charging. Then I got my coffee. I must have looked really pitiful and stressed because my favorite barista paid for my coffee. He is the biggest sweetheart.

I got back to my table to find my phone being accosted with emails and text messages.

The final result:


The hilarious thing? The text message number count how many different contacts notified me. 57 emails and 7 different contacts. All together? 123 notifications, 2 voice mails, 4 Facebook notifications, and 3 Twitter notifications. My phone didn't even tell me how many missed calls I have, but a friend let me know she called 7 times.

Oh the joys of blackberries.

But now I must leave the comfort of power and wifi and go back home to pick up my brother so we can go to La Cocina for dinner.

Yum.

Concert post coming later. With pictures!

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment