Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's not even midnight yet.

Today has been so terribly long. Not 'terribly' in a sense of it was terrible, just 'terribly' in a sense of why-am-I-not-asleep-yet-because-I-have-been-awake-for-way-too-many-hours.


It started with my waking up to my alarm clock this morning at 7:30 so I could go ref a soccer game at 8:30. Which I have absolutely no problem with! I just despise waking up to my alarm.  It went well.  The team I get points for won 5-1 and I got a lot of information about an acting class that I should take. I am trading reffing for information. It works.

I got back home and took a quick shower, only to go back to the field so I could drop off my brother for his game. I had this feeling I should stay. I ignored it.

I got back home, set my alarm to 3:00 (so I could be at the field at 3:30 for my own game), and took a nap.

I awoke to my alarm and a picture of my brother in a hospital bed. Turns out his shoulder was dislocated from a hard hit during his soccer game.

I couldn't even do anything because I had to get to my game. Which we ended up winning 3-0. After a 20 minute break in the second half because a girl on the other team tried to head the ball into the net and somehow got a concussion. They took her off the field, placed her right next to the net, and she proceeded to throw up and gag. It was lovely. She seemed to be okay after a short while, though, and I only say that because she was just placed on her sideline with the rest of the parents instead of going to the emergency room to have her head looked at.

That team talks a lot of smack. It was ridiculous and such a great feeling when we won.

After that 2 hour game, we got back home and my dad's friends came over for a bit to visit us "kids" before they all went out for the night.  One brother left to go to Fright Fest with his friend, the other brother went to Fright Fest with his girlfriend, and my sister was stuck at home with me.

We did what any sensible girls would do while home alone.

We had a girls' night.

We ordered pizza, picked up Starbucks, and watched Hairspray (the movie). Only it didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped.

I ordered the pizza online, and it said we had 30-40 minutes to wait, so I thought I had enough time for errands.  I had to go pick up a "surprise" from a friend's house, which ended up being a surprise letter from Curtis (friend in New York) because he is an amazing human being. That didn't take very long.

Then Isabella and I went to pick up coffee (me) and hot chocolate (her), which took a little bit longer, but not excessively.  We talked to Robby (barista) for a little bit and told him of our plans of a girls' night, of which he was green with jealousy, obviously.  As we were leaving Starbucks, I get a phone call.  It was the pizza delivery girl who was standing outside my house.  Because I am a horrible person.

After assuring her that I would be home in less than 2 minutes, I drove like a manic (read: drove maybe 2 miles over the speed limit.) to get home.  After I paid her (and tipped her!) we settled on the couch to watch Hairspray. Where Isabella fell asleep.

Sometime during the movie, I get a text from my mom telling me that the adults just watched some person get hit by a jeep.  It is obviously not their night. I have yet to hear anything more on that happenstance.

And my body has decided to let the female hormones kick in. It does this just to make me miserable, I'm sure.

So here I am, 10 to 12, waiting for everyone to get home.  Isabella is asleep in her bunk, one of my brothers just walked in, I haven't heard from the other brother, and my parents are still out relaxing. I am passing the waiting-up-for-everyone torch to my brother, because I am exhausted and dozing at the keyboard.

Good night, bonne nuit, and buona notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment