Monday, October 15, 2012

Does anyone actually enjoy writing essays?

Because I know I don't. Give me a topic, I can converse about it, but as soon as I'm told to sit and write a 3 paged paper on it, my mind completely blanks on all intelligent thought, and I get a continuous loop of what-can-I-possibly-do-to-put-off-writing-this-essay running through my head.


I go on Facebook, I walk my dog, I go to the gym, I decide that I really want to read that book that has been sitting on my shelf for months, anything to get out of doing the essay.

So here I sit. At 1:36 the morning before I have to turn in the rough draft for an essay of which I have only my name and the title written down.

Has anyone read Mrs. Somebody Somebody? No? Never even heard of it? Understandable. As much I think it's a good read, I will be the first to admit that I would have never even cracked the book open had it not been a required reading assignment for my English class.

But now I have to write a 3 page paper either comparing or contrasting 2 characters, 2 settings, or 2 symbols.

It's a lot harder than it seems. As much as I would love to just take the easy way out and do 2 main characters and how they differ, I don't think my pride will let me. So I'm left scrambling for a topic on this essay that I really don't want to write, and losing sleep by the minute because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment